SPICESKATE® | OKTO
ENGINEERED FOR SURF
The most advanced SpiceSkate® Surfskate System upgrade ever. The innovation of tension springs cluster, or Capsule as we call it, has redefined the meaning of Torsion Force in the surfskate industry. The patented state-of-the-art unique structure of the Capsule is meticulously designed to generate ultrasmooth, balanced and powerful torsion force to emulate surfing, allowing riders to perfectly recreate wave surfing feeling and body motions. OKTO offers swappable Capsules with various torque strengths for different riding experiences.
Enjoy easy riding and carving
More power and speed generation
Strongest rebounds from pumping, maintaining the fastest speed in a tight carve
Explore and Discover the Benefits of SpiceSkate System
The major difference between them is the way torsion force is generated. Spice Pilot uses 1 Torsion Spring while OKTO / OKTOSURF has a capsule that is composed of 8 tension springs. Both systems are good for all-round skating. With that said, some skaters prefer quick and hard rebounds for each pump (Spice Pilot) while others like more smooth but strong rebounds (OKTO / OKTOSURF).
Torque, represented by the unit Nm, is a measure of the force applied to rotate an object around an axis. In practical terms, torsion Nm is used to quantify the twisting force or rotational moment that is applied to SpiceSkate Adapter. It is a crucial parameter in designing and analyzing surfskate systems that involve speed and motion, such as carves, turns, pumps, and acceleration.
Aluminum Alloy A356.2-T6 is a specific type of aluminum alloy. The A356 alloy is a commonly used aluminum-silicon alloy that enhances its properties. The "2" in A356.2 indicates a variation of the basic A356 alloy composition. The T6 temper is a specific heat treatment applied to the aluminum alloy. This process enhances the alloy's strength while maintaining a significant level of toughness for hard impact. The T6 temper results in much improved mechanical properties, making the material ideal for SpiceSkate OKTO System.
Gravity die casting Technology, also known as permanent mold casting or gravity casting, is a casting process used to produce high-quality metal parts by pouring molten metal into a reusable metallic mold under the force of gravity. The mold is designed to withstand the high temperatures and pressures involved in the casting process. The technology produces SpiceSkate Adapter with marvelous surface finish and dimensional accuracy. The controlled cooling in the mold helps to promote uniform solidification and finer grain structure, resulting in improved mechanical properties of the cast parts. This makes gravity die casting great for producing SpiceSkate Adapter with ultra-high strength and excellent fatigue resistance.
Austenitic stainless steel grade 304 is a widely used stainless steel alloy known for its excellent corrosion resistance, high strength, and versatility. When combined with investment casting technology, which is a precision casting process, it offers the following benefits for the production of SpiceSkate OKTO Capsule:
- Corrosion Resistance: Grade 304 stainless steel is highly resistant to corrosion and oxidation in various environments, including acidic, alkaline, and chloride-containing solutions.
- Design Flexibility: Investment casting, also known as lost-wax casting, allows for the production of the Capsule’s intricate and complex shapes that are challenging to achieve with traditional manufacturing methods. This process enables the creation of detailed and near-net-shape parts of the capsule, reducing the need for subsequent machining operations.
- Superior Surface Finish: Investment casting results in parts with excellent surface finish and dimensional accuracy. The use of high-quality molds and precise control over the casting process ensures smooth and visually appealing surfaces, minimizing the need for additional surface treatments or finishing.
- Thin Wall Capability: Investment casting is well-suited for producing parts with thin walls and fine features of the OKTO Capsule. The process enables the creation of the thin sections and intricate geometries while maintaining structural integrity. This is particularly advantageous for OKTO Capsule where lightweight components are desired without compromising its strength.
- Material Integrity: Investment casting allows for precise control over the casting process, including solidification and cooling rates. This results in a fine-grained microstructure and improved material integrity, leading to enhanced mechanical properties, such as high tensile strength, good ductility, and impact resistance.
Tension Spring, made from piano wire (high-carbon steel alloy), is selected for its high strength and elasticity. It is then formed into the OKTO Tension Spring shape using specialized machinery and tools. This process involves bending, coiling, and shaping the wire to achieve the designated dimensions and configuration of the tension spring. It then undergoes a heat treatment process and Lead Bath Quenching to achieve the superb hardness and spring characteristics. Finally, the tension spring engages in surface treatments to improve their fatigue resistance, corrosion resistance, and friction properties.
Lead Bath Quenching is a specialized quenching method used in metallurgy to rapidly cool OKTO Tension Spring by immersing it in a bath of molten lead. The lead bath acts as a heat transfer medium, facilitating the rapid cooling of the tension spring. This technique offers several benefits:
- Rapid Cooling Rate: Lead has a high thermal conductivity that results in a rapid cooling rate, promoting the formation of desired material properties, including high hardness and fine microstructure.
- Uniform Cooling: It helps to minimize distortion and internal stresses, leading to improved dimensional stability and reduced risk of cracking or warping.
- Controlled Microstructure: Allows for the formation of finer grain structures, enhancing the material's mechanical properties, such as strength, toughness, and wear resistance.
Austenitic stainless steel Grade 304, often referred to simply as 304 stainless steel, is one of the most widely used and versatile stainless steel grades. It belongs to the austenitic family of stainless steels, which are characterized by their high levels of chromium and nickel content. It exhibits excellent corrosion resistance and is known for its durability and strength. Grade 304 has good heat resistance that can withstand temperatures up to 870°C (1598°F) without significant loss of strength.